Monday, March 14, 2011

Integrity.

I have noticed recently that people sure can be bold....when under certain circumstances ONLY.

When typing away on a keyboard, a person will say whatever they feel like saying...things they would never dream of saying in a face to face conversation with someone. But with miles between them and no other contact than that of a comment here and there on a website, people can come out with things that are downright cruel or unjustified. While hiding behind their computer, people hurt feelings, offend others, and anger people without ever thinking twice about it. In person, they would most likely think not just twice, but four or fives time over before they said these things!

Even the telephone offers a level of confidence to people to be bold...and offensive. Things someone would not want to offer up in public, on the telly, it's open-season!

I'm not excluding myself. I have entered into conversations that I may have shied away from in person because I had only the glow of the computer screen in front of me and not an actual face. However, I am recognizing it...owning it. And I WILL change it.

I am going to try on some integrity. I bet you anything it fits perfectly.



No comments:

Post a Comment