Thursday, February 24, 2011

embrace it!

sometimes, i don't make sense...(by sometimes, i mean most of the time...)

i have a complete and total obsession with shoes. and within that obsession is another obsession...heels. ya following?

i don't even know how many pairs i own, but it is an embarrassing amount. every time i go shopping, i end up falling in love with another pair and battling with myself as to whether i can justify the purchase or not....usually, i find a way to leave with them.

now, let me clarify that thus far, i may have painted my obsession in a not so wonderful light. this is not the case. i do not have a shopping addiction, i do not put myself into debt because of my high-heel love. i only buy when i can afford, and i only buy after all other bills have been paid.

so why am i writing this post? is this purely informative, or is there a point, a problem?
of course there is, silly.

i RARELY wear them!! i have some heels that i LOVE, and yet i have only worn them once. why is this the case?
my height.

i am embarrassed of my height. without heels, i am a tall lady. i come in at about 5 feet and 8 inches. with heels, i reach about 6 feet. i tower over people. i've gotten the classic "how's the weather up there?" jokes, and it's embarrassing.

this. is. silly.

i need to embrace my height! many people want to be tall! models don't even have a shot unless they are tall...so what's my deal? i should be loving this right?

so that's what's about to happen. from here on out, i am wearing my beauties. i am going to strut it in my favorite shoes, and be confident about it. i challenge myself to love my height.

No comments:

Post a Comment